Now, that we have moved into the summer months there is a wide selection of fresh and inexpensive fruits and vegetables available. Juicing is a quick, convenient and inexpensive way to obtain food nutritional substances that can provide us with the necessary nourishment to assist us in becoming healthier by maintaining better mood balance and physical endurance. With just the simple act of drinking raw vegetables and fruits we can speed up their absorption into our systems.
Juicing increases the amount of nutrients which we can take in during a single meal and helps them to get into our bodies faster in comparison to solid foods sources. Better still, is the fact that it reduces the intake of chemicals or additives that would normally contribute to disease since it is virtually free of this kind of matter.
Radical changes need not be made in the beginning. If we want to experience juicing and its contributions to our daily diet we can slowly replace portions of our meals (servings of fruits and vegetables) with their liquid counterparts. For example, we can juice carrots, spinach or broccoli and once blended, replace their juice with their solid variation, instead of serving them as a traditional side dish on our plate.
Another way we can integrate juicing into our diet would be to add at least a glass of fruit or purified liquid vegetables to our pre-existing food servings as a nutritional supplement to ensure that we are getting the sources of these nutrients our bodies require.
Juicing can contribute to the flavor of our meals by adding juice combinations to our cooking in the form of bases (substitutions for simmering liquids, in sauces) or as the main ingredient in salad dressings. The pulp can be used as an extra additive in food recipes. Fruit that has been juiced can be included in gelatin and pudding desserts, not to mention, in a variety of other tasty treats such as fruit cocktails or refreshing summer coolers.
Here are some additional reasons to consider juicing –
- The body gets enzymes from the raw foods that are contained in the juice
- Enzymes help convert food into body tissue and energy
- Enzymes increase metabolic rate
- Offers an ample supply of phytochemicals (substances inherent in plants) that help fight off disease
- High concentrations of antioxidants are supplied and combined with other immune enhancing properties
- Helps improve clarity of complexion
- Controls episodic outbreaks of acne and other skin disorders
- Improves deprivation of light omission from sun) SAD
- Detours some of the indications of aging (stiffness, aches and pains) by helping improve muscle tone
- Encourages quick weight loss
- Adds pure food with no additives or preservatives to our diet
- Lowers cholesterol
- Contributes to better heart health
How to Select a Good Juicer –
- At least one horse power and preferably more
- Look for one with a long-term warranty
- Capable of making pulp free juice too
- Must be maneuverable
- As much stainless steel in its construction as possible
- Must be able to break down into parts to easily clean
- With dishwasher safe attachments
- You’ll want a machine that does not vibrate
- One that extracts maximum juice from fruits and vegetables
- One that is safe and affordable
- A make and model that can produce anything juices not just liquid from fruit
With Detoxing we can clean out our digestive tract and in so doing, strengthen our immune systems. This can be accomplished by:
- Making the proper selection of the right foods for purifying our digestive systems
- a comprehensive study on how to prepare produce fruits and vegetables for detoxing
- and of course, permission from our health providers to eliminate toxins from our bodies
Weight loss benefits:
Juicing in combination with detoxing and the necessary lifestyle changes such as more exercise, better nutrition and assistance with emotional issues that can contribute can lead to massive changes in weight. Unlike other alternative methods that help us to downsize, juicing can get us to focus on improving nutrition and building a more sound foundation for fitness rather than just focusing on losing pounds.
The gradual absence of more solid foods gives us time to readjust to eliminating less positive behavioral habits that surround our eating routines and allows us to slowly reintroduce ourselves to healthier choices (more balanced nutrients) and to reevaluate our previous portion sizes. We can temporarily forego counting calories; by following published set guidelines to help us get started. If juicing works for us, we can find a better way of nourishing our bodies with the nutrients that come directly from nature’s foods.
More on this topic –
Food Gear – how to buy a juicer
U-tube video –
Juice Fasting – the right and wrong ways to go about it and who can and cannot do it!
7 – Day Detox Juice Fast
Juice Fast.org – how to overcome addictions with juice fasting
Beginning juicing recipe
Juicing for Brain Food – some great food recipes
Juicing to help reduce blood pressure
Read Full Post »