Forever is composed of nows.
The minutes and hours of our day just seem to slip by sometimes without our being aware of these precious lost moments. Here are some special ways that we can all savor out time. What follows is a list for some interesting one hour activities that can make instead of break, what would otherwise, be a typically mundane day.
Mini One Hour Projects and Great Escapes
- Create a weekly calendar of small tasks that will result in quick and easy solutions to things that keep nagging at you because they just cannot seem to get completed such as: cleaning out wallet or handbags, reorganizing cupboards or drawers, hand washing of delicates, cleaning out refrigerator shelves, doing a load of laundry etc. Assign each duty a day of the week and give it an hour slot in your day to accomplish. Notice how great you’ll feel at the end of seven days when all your chores are complete.
- Call or email at least one friend who you haven’t spoken to in a while and check in.
- Visit a local pet store and spend some time with the puppies or the kittens, exotic birds or fish and enjoy yourself.
- Schedule a time to relax for an hour. Glance over some coffee table publications or scan through an architectural design magazine.
- Kick up your heels and dance to some memorable old tunes like 60’s music.
- Write a love letter and make it sexy. It does not matter if there is someone in your life to give it to – write it, and he or she will come.
- Watch a documentary on some subject that you have always wanted to know about.
- Whitten and brighten your teeth today.
- Learn a new hobby – start to master a foreign language you have always wanted to speak, learn how to sew or to play an exotic musical instrument.
- Fly a kite or release a bunch of balloons
- Walk or roller skate across a bridge
- Ride your bike to a place where you have never been before.
- Offer to take a friend for a drive and /or help him or her run errands
- Make a feast for one and set the table as if you had a VIP coming for a bite.
- Write a poem and read it into a voice recorder with your favorite music in the background and send it to a family member or friend or lover.
- Bake bread.
- Arrange flowers.
- Plant some seeds in a flower-pot.
- Paint an old chair in unthinkable cobalt colors.
- Restore a work of art you picked up from a local salvage shop
- Pick out a cheerful new card for yourself or better yet, design one with your favorite saying on it.
- Shop at a local deli and buy at least one naughty treat, come home and create your own version of British “High Tea.”
- Get a library video on yoga and participate in a class.
- Play a spiritual CD and chant with the monks or sing with the choir.
- Read a racy novel and call someone special and share the details of the story.
- Take a walk in nature and don’t forget to bring your camera. Download your photos and send your best pictures and send them off to friends.
- Arrange for a picnic with only one guest – you.
- Take a drive to your favorite residential area and look for the perfect house, apartment or loft. Remember, in this instance, the cost of your new abode is of no consequence. The goal here is to dream and to fantasize.
- Create a scrapbook that encapsulates all your favorite things.
- Take yourself out on a date. Plan the outing well in advance.
- Pick up a book from your local library that will give you step-by-step instructions on how to perform a scientific experiment of some kind that will result in a finding that you have always been curious about.
- Read about famous people’s last words.
- Take a class on sculpting.
- Craft a homemade greeting card for someone who is ill and take it to them when you go for a visit.
- Sit on a park bench and watch the local children play. Youth has its own set of rules and wisdom’s go home and record lessons learned in a journal.
- Go to a wig shop, try on some wigs and discover a whole new you.
- Go for a professional foot massage and enjoy the healing benefits of reflexology.
- Learn to give a professional foot massage.
- Redecorate your bedroom by adding some cozy areas or comfy features in the way of treasured accessories.
- Create a prayer closet.
- Bake cookies and take them to your local fire department or police station.
- Reorganize your jewelry box.
- Write a short story.
- Watch a comedy even if you cannot finish viewing it in an hour’s time. It will give you a lift.
- Make a list of other things that will make your day memorable.
More one hour Projects
One hour Projects
Personal Development 101
Make your own 1 Hourglass
Find More Time Alone
One Hour Makes All the Difference
Result of a One hour effort music project – give it a listen