Proverbs are Nothing More than Timeless Wisdom Rooted in Common Sense
Proverbs for life –
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced – Soren Kierkegaard
- A life without cause is a life without effect – Barbarella
- One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching
- “When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep –not go screaming, like one of his passengers in his car.” Source unknown
- No man is a failure who is enjoying life.
Proverbs for Inappropriate Discourse –
- Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you – Spanish Proverb
- The biggest lair in the world is “They Say” Douglas Malloch
- What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t give witness with your mouth- Jewish Proverb
- “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate – Cool Hand Luke 1967 with Paul Newman
Feminist Quotes –
- “You don’t understand, Osgood. (Uh, I’m a Man). Well, nobody’s perfect!” Joe E. Brown, Some Like it Hot 1959
- Female personhood is not a contradiction – the term refers to a non-gender specific being
- Not to have felt pain is not to have been human – Jewish Proverb
- Never wrestle with a pig. You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it.
- I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay. Madonna Ciccone
Friendship Quotes –
- Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
Charles Caleb Colton
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved –loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. Victor Hugo
- “The world may see you as one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
Quotations about Gossip
Read and Listen to your favorite movie quotes through the supplied audio feeder
International Wisdom Proverbs from All over the World