As we move through our lives, day-after-day and moment-after-moment we face one situation after another. Our spiritual perseverance helps us to confront our fears and hesitations so we can go beyond the blocks and insurmountable barriers that we come up against daily. The majority of our resolve is the result of our unwavering spiritual steadfastness, literally years of holiness in our routine practices.
Our spirituality is reflected in many ways. It begins with our devotion to God and in our everlasting faith in his judgment. It is apparent in our gratitude for the moment and for all that we have had, all we currently possess, and in our hopes for what we will have in the future.
We display signs of spirituality in our communications with others. It can be witnessed in our respect for the efforts of those who must constantly struggle just to get by. It is most evident in our compassion for them and the burdens they carry.
Our spirituality can be seen in the way we perceive our role in our community. It is in the understanding of our commitment and the contributions we need to make to our society, in particular, the way we view our accountability for the resources that we have already consumed and will continue to utilize in the future. It is in our willingness to pitch in and do our part.
Other Ways We Demonstrate our Spirituality –
- By participating in prayer
- By quieting our minds through meditation
- By the proper and reverent care and feeding of our bodies
- Through routine exercise and yoga
- By sharing the benefits of the gifts that God has bestowed to us
- In our acceptance of the things in our lives that we cannot change
- By demonstrating our confident belief that God will see us through the most difficult of trials
- By our endurance of inescapable sorrows
- By our lack of complaint when practicing a whole host of necessary but boring disciplines
- By our willingness to strengthen our spiritual weaknesses and turn them into our greatest strengths
- By our refusal to be infiltrated by dark forces
- By speaking up and sharing the word with others who could benefit from spiritual enlightenment
- By being positive
- By demonstrating patience in frustrating situations
- By the way we treat animals, nature and other defenseless life forms
- By our graciousness to strangers and tenderness toward one another
- By our respect for authority when it is required
- By our discretion
- By our efforts to control our temper and curtail our anger
Spiritually Focused Websites –
HighestYoga.com – Pay it a visit
Silva Mind and Body Healing
Beliefnet.com – Spiritual Weight loss Video – Dr. Norris’s Tips for Dining Out
John Lennon’s Imagine – Revisit His Vision
Spiritual Restoration Site – Explore the Ancient Springs of Living Water
Restoration of Spiritual Harmony after Spiritual Abuse and Mistreatment by God’s Leaders