What follows is some great thoughts that have been bestowed on me over the years by some of the most successful thinkers, business professionals and community leaders – not to mention, family members and friends.
Here’s what they have shared:
- To be prepared for any mishap we should always be alert to potential even in the light of tragedy.
- Without courage we cannot be responsible or accountable for anything or to anyone.
- For people who are determined, the length of time it takes to accomplish their goals or, the time it requires to gauge results, is of little consequence.
- If we will find a way to communicate what is worthy of consideration, people will listen to what we have to say.
- People who have a long track record of getting things done have their own special brand of likability.
- Laying down the groundwork for anything new is always risky. The pioneers are always the ones with the arrows in their backs.
- An aggressive attitude amplifies a sarcastic comment even if it is entrenched in poetic sentiment.
- Anger is a great way to confuse the issue and is one of the reasons why hot-headed people are always missing the target. If you want to hit the bulls-eye, do it gently without ruffling a lot of feathers in the process.
- The most fulfilling accomplishments are those that nourish the heart of our spirits as well as our ambitions.
- To learn from misguided actions – a series of mishaps and setbacks are absolutely mandatory. Failure has its own set of insights that brings out the reasons mistakes occur, making them perfectly clear.
- To stay in a position that wasn’t what we really had in mind, too long, is a career killer.
- Watch out for competitors who are tireless information gatherers, disciplined thinkers and rationale decision makers and who cannot be influenced by others hidden agendas.
- While dealing with a crisis it is essential to realize what makes us feel “alive” in the moment and puts a smile on our face and warmth in our heart.
- Before moving too quickly in a new situation – examine priorities to make certain goals and objectives are likely to be met.
- Definitive support is necessary for one’s viewpoints to be taken seriously.