The questions listed below are to challenge you to become a little more introspective about your role as an aesthetic expert. Regardless of our expertise, the ultimate task is to discover our true distinctive nature and what separates us from other contributors to the field. It is in knowing that which defines us professionally that we discover our strength and our gifts as providers. The answers you give to these questions can be very revealing and are worthy of contemplating.
- If you could use all of your aesthetic talents and skills to make one wish come true for one of your clients, what would that wish be and, how would you go about accomplishing it?
- If you could change on thing about your career so far, what would it be?
- If you had to describe the single most important contribution you have ever made to the field of aesthetics, what would you say it was?
- If you had an opportunity to practice aesthetics anywhere in the world where would it be and, why would you want to provide your therapeutic treatments there?
- If you had an opportunity to meet one famous person who helped to develop the field of aesthetics to become what it is today, who would that professional be? And, what would you want to ask them to share with you?
- Who has been your most difficult client, and why?
- If you had to explain the difference between an “esthetician” and an “aesthetic clinician” in the simplest terms, how would you define the distinctions between these two providers?
- If you could give just one piece of advice to someone starting out in the field, what would you tell that “newbie” professional about the industry?
- What was the hardest transition you have had to make in your career so far?
- If you could change your professional identity completely, what would the new, improved professional version of you be like?
- If you were to receive a professional award for one aspect of your professional character, what would you want to receive this tribute for?
- If you were to breakthrough three obstacles in your career life that are blocking your success and preventing you from realizing your dreams, what would they be?
- If you had to rid yourself of your professional memory except for one event, what single occurrence would you still choose to recall? And, why?
- If you could say one thing to your instructor, what would it be?
- Can you remember when you felt the proudest of a colleague or someone in our profession, and, what it was that generated your admiration?
- If you were to name the seven wonders of aesthetics, what would they be?
- If you were to edit out one recurring thought that occupies your mind when you work, what would it be?
- If you were to recommend one book or instructional DVD on a subject related to aesthetics, what would it be?
- If you were to create the field of aesthetics in seven days, what would you do on each of the seven days?
Copyright ©2010 All right reserved – Victoria L. Rayner